Whether you have an irregular heart beat or an aneurysm, our heart team is here when you need the latest cardiovascular treatments. From EKGs to medication management, UMass Memorial is the right place for your care. Below are just some of our highlighted treatments.
Aortic Aneurysm Care
We offer the most comprehensive program in New England with the broadest range of treatment options for aortic aneurysms. The Center for Complex Aortic Disease is a nationwide leader in repairing complex aortic aneurysms.
Cardiac catheterization is a nonsurgical treatment used to open narrowed coronary arteries to improve blood flow to the heart.
UMass Memorial Health Care offers a cardiac rehabilitation program to help you recover from heart disease or cardiac procedures. Our program helps you adjust to life with heart disease and return to your normal lifestyle and level of activities.
An electrophysiological (EP) study is a test used to evaluate your heart's electrical system and to evaluate for abnormal heart rhythms.
General cardiology services at UMass Memorial Health Care provide the tools needed to prevent or treat heart disease. You will receive excellent cardiology care at all of our hospitals.
Transcatheter Valve Therapies (TMVR, TAVR)
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) are two procedures we utilize for the treatment of aortic stenosis and mitral regurgitation, respectively.
Vascular and Endovascular Services
We offer complete evaluations and the most advanced treatment options for all types of vascular disease.
Heart and Vascular Care in Central Massachusetts
Our hospitals offer you access to expert preventive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation resources for the full range of heart and vascular problems in a location that is convenient for you.
The heart care you receive from UMass Memorial Health Care is among the very best in the nation. The expertise of our physicians and surgeons, our advanced technology and modern facilities, our highly trained nursing staff and our emergency response system within Worcester County ensure fast, lifesaving care.
When you need specialized services for complex heart conditions, you have access to the Heart and Vascular Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center:
- We are the leading hospital in Massachusetts for heart attack survival, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Our cardiac surgery program is one of only 81 heart surgery programs across the country to receive a three-star rating—the highest—by Consumer Reports magazine for overall performance, complications and other quality measures for heart bypass surgery.
Heart Services at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Our heart and vascular services include:
- Anticoagulation Center
- Aortic Aneurysms Services
- Atrial Fibrillation Program
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Clinic
- Cardiac Testing and Screening
- Cardio-oncology Clinic
- Electrophysiology Services
- General Cardiology
- Heart Failure Services
- Heart Surgery
- Hypertension Clinic
- Limb Preservation Program
- Lipids Clinic
- Preventive Cardiology Program
- Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Second Opinion Clinic
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Program
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Program
- Valve Clinic
- Vascular and Endovascular Services
- Women’s Heart Health Program